Dear THAD Friends and Family,
We are overjoyed to be welcoming students back! There are a few things we thought you should know as we resume classes. We have made many changes to comply with the guidelines provided by the CDC and the Indiana government. If you aren’t ready to come back yet, we understand. We only ask that you let us know you are not going to be in class by emailing email@example.com or calling the studio at (812) 238-9181.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
- If you are sick, have a fever or any other symptoms, please stay home.
- Dress for class at home. Dressing rooms will not be available.
- Bring your dance shoes and face mask (and water bottle if needed) in one small bag.
- Please wait in your car until 5 minutes before your scheduled class time.
- We prefer that students come in alone. Younger students may be escorted in by one adult, but then we ask that they return to their vehicle until class is over.
- The front door will be open to promote ventilation and air flow. There will be fans in the lobby to circulate air.
- Hand sanitizer will be available as you come in as well as throughout the studio at all times.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ENTER THE STUDIO:
- Seating, vending machines, water fountains and the play area are not available at present.
- Studio doors will remain open at all times for a touch-less environment to promote air flow.
- UV-C lights have been placed in our ventilation system to kill all viruses and bacteria. We are confident that our students are being made as safe as possible.
- Restrooms will be regularly monitored and sanitized.
UPON ENTERING THE CLASSROOM:
- Please place bag along the wall after removing your shoes.
- All classrooms have been marked for social distancing, please go to a shape and put on your shoes to begin class. We can safely accommodate 33 in the large studio, 22 in the middle studio and 18 in the small studio. We will not be dancing in patterns or formations or across the floor at this time. All steps will be practiced in place.
- All teachers will be wearing masks. We expect all students to wear them as well.
- Classes will be released 10 minutes early to provide time for cleaning and to reduce the number of people in the building at one time.
Of course, these are our guidelines for now. We will adapt as the situation changes. We ask that you allow us some flexibility as we have never had this kind of experience before. If you have questions or concerns, please email Patti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, to further reduce contact, Academy of Dance is in the process of going paperless. All registration is to be conducted through email. To ensure that we have your most current information on hand, we will be sending home registration cards with all students to make sure that we have the ability to stay in touch. Please complete the new form and return it to the studio as soon as possible.
- Costume pictures are scheduled for July 10th. We will be doing a one day marathon session and will be emailing times soon. To minimize the number of people in the building, we will be sending home order forms to be completed and pre-paid before the picture day.
- Our recital is currently scheduled for July 24-25. The details of the actual event will have to be based upon any changes in the guidelines provided. We will let you know when we know.
- Registration for Summer 2020 and the School Year 2020-2021 will begin June 1st. The schedules will be posted on our website and will be emailed to you on June 1st.
As always, thank you for dancing with us. We appreciate everything you do and look forward to seeing you in June!
Patti and Richard Willey